But first! Two weekends ago we got to see Jars of Clay and The Newsboys.
It was interesting and yet disappointing.
Mainly disappointing by the number of people who came. It was for a wonderful cause - the Rapides Parish Habitat for Humanity. And second it was sponsored by some of the biggest churches in the area and they might have pulled in 1,000 people. Yes, I understand it was on a Friday -- high school football, and the price might have been steep but the churches should have bought them out. And I think $37.50 max $43 was not steep for both Jars of Clay and The Newsboys who command that on their own plus they had like 3 other acts.
Which brings me to the interesting part... The Newsboys. They were the headliners... eh, I would take Jars over them but that's just me. It was good and it reminded me why Christian concerts are so much better but I miss my Newsboys with Peter Furler (spelling?). Michael Tait is an awesome singer and if I didn't know a previous Newsboys, I probably would have loved it but there was barely any "Breakfast", no "Take Me to Your Leader" or "Step Up to the Microphone" or the funness that came with the old group. Well no not entirely true but it was different. But it had the glitz, glamour and wow effect that I was waiting for!
But my main event was Jars! I first saw them 15+ years ago in 7th grade at LC with PFR and FELL IN LOVE! And they totally brought me back to that. Their worship is throughout their music while still giving a concert and that's what most Christian artist strive for and miss (but it's understandable, it's a very fine line). They played a good mix of old and new and still rocked out to "Flood"
So here are some of my photos:
![]() |
| Jars of Clay |
![]() |
| The Newsboys |







No comments:
Post a Comment