So my dear Hoss finally got the job offer he's been waiting for and we are now moving. To the one city we said we would never live in because it's home to the dreaded Tiggers. But the company is (supposedly) much better and the pay was worth it. Plus I should be able to get a better paying job.
So we just finished painting our house and now we are leaving. It's bittersweet. We've lived here for 6 years and for all it's faults it's home.
Until Sunday everything was going great. I worked out things at my job where I know when I should try to leave to get some retirement and help finding a job. We found someone who wanted to do a lease with option to purchase for our house. Which was what kept me back for 6 months when he was in NB. So naturally we thought we would be able to find a place easy peasy.
Not so much. We don't and can't buy write now. Because we aren't selling the house just yet, we still have to include it in the debt to income ratio (Boo!!) so we can't afford a house we would want to keep. In a year we can afford an additional $100K if we choose to (so we'll wait).
Hoss tells me it's ok we'll rent for a year and everything will be great. Hoss, what about the pups. We have three. Again, no big deal E-beth, there are plenty of people who'll rent to us...
Yep, not so much. First we want to keep the rent low (like what our mortgage is) - Ha! Did I mention we were moving to the Capital of this state???? Which has the state uni?? At least $1 per sq. ft. for a decent rental. Ok no biggie, we'll go small (it's only for a year right??)... most places only will allow 2 pets - we have 3 dogs...
We have searched, called around (ok Hoss has), I think he even pleaded with people. Finally we have two options that we are going to view on Sunday. One I'm leaning towards even though it's the smaller of the two options (but also the least expensive and potentially more secure). But it's extremely dog friendly and might expose us to having a life (there is hope we will get out of our shell).
Also he's talked to another company that may have something. So while I was completely frustrated and depressed Monday morning, things are hopefully working out. We can't split our family, though mom has said she would take the two big dogs but it's not fair to the pups or Hoss.
Seriously, we owned our house for 6 years, we never thought we would rent again or I wouldn't have gotten Huck as much as I love him and I'm not getting rid of any of them. We'll buy and sell in two years before that happens.
Here's hoping something works out on Sunday. And in a month I'll start seriously job hunting though I'll have my job here until I quit or they close (thank God I'm a hard worker that they'll keep me until I need to leave).
No comments:
Post a Comment