Changes, changes, changes. I actually love them when expected and tolerate when unexpected.
First order of business: house! Looks like we are going to get our foundation fixed. It's more than I wanted to pay, less than what I expected but I totally understand why. We tried to go with the best but he told us for the one corner we had they were too expensive and I totally appreciate that. Some people take it as my business isn't enough but I take it as honesty and understanding. The guy he had call us was half the price but also had a min. Hey, I'm cool with that, they have to make a living and it's not like this is everday business. I'm sure we could find someplace cheaper but honestly, it's reasonable to us and so we're going with it. Plus I just want it done!
Also looking at something else house-related which means I'll be on edge until we have a yes or no.
Next! Jobs... interesting times. I've been thinking about updating that resume and looking but some other things have changed and maybe I won't have to do that just yet. Hoss's job is going through changes. Another quarter of furloughs (grrrrrr) but someone just left and that will mean changes but we have no idea what kind. Hopefully good news for Hoss.
Christmas plans have vaguely changed too. We had planned on just giving each other pots and pans and a dishwasher but LaTech made it to the Poinsettia Bowl so it looks like Hoss is getting shipped off to go! Me, I get to spend three lonely days with the pups because I have no time off aside from sick days and I just don't lie so I won't do that.
It's excited though, Tech doesn't get to go to many Bowl games and this one isn't just an hour away or in Idaho. We should have had a better season but we lost some games we could have won (or had won but gave it up in OT **grumble**).
Another change was Thanksgiving. We actually hosted it. Now, I didn't do the cooking but my house was clean and I worked on sides. And it was nice. My grandparents and parents came over and we just talked while waiting on Hoss to get home (no change there - working on a holiday =D) Mom took a picture of the table but it wasn't anything special in my opinion. And I still haven't decorated for Christmas, not sure when that's going to happen because it will mean Huckabay can't come out anymore -- no trust right there!.
There are a few other changes going on in our life but it's hush-hush for now since nothing's set yet but I'm super excited over it too :)
No comments:
Post a Comment