We started our project Saturday. Seriously, I thought it was going to somewhat easier than it was. DYI is for the birds and I have new respect for those who do it and do it well. Let's face it, I'm a perfectionist, I'm not going to do things half-way. I'm upset because the fam wants to me to lay the flooring opposite the rest of the house due to the amount of cuts I'll be making (or not depending on the outlook). I'll do it there way but I'm not happy!
So here's Hoss working so hard for me. I did work on it but he was 100% better than me at it except for the little tedious work with a chisel and hammer -- that's all me!
So this is the floor completed... somewhat. We have the glue finish getting up. Seriously -- hardwood with a hard vinyl GLUED and NAILED with another vinyl and carpet on top!!! And if I'm not mistaken, the hardwoods match the ones throughout the rest of our house. Oh well.
There is still some left on the floor around the hot water heater but guess what? It's staying until we replace the hot water heater with a tankless and then we'll totally finish it. But man oh man, it was a pain to do. I'm totally not use to manual labor and I sooo don't want to be. This might be the last project I suggest we do ourselves. **And Hoss is celebrating**
Next weekend: glue up, clean the floors well and possibly start laying down the vinyl planks. Hopefully that goes quicker but I don't see the last happening since we have a new flower bed being put in that weekend also.
And yes Hoss and I are still in pain. Hoss has stayed home from work because of that and a week of basketball officiating.
No comments:
Post a Comment