You are just sooo funny, punk :)
But yes it's hard to correlate our schedules so we have "me" time, "we" time and "fun" time. But Hoss, I think we are getting better at.
**Hoss, feel free to edit anything AFTER this point**
So I don't know about Hoss but lately I've had religion and beliefs on my mind.
We both are Christians and have decent foundations in that belief system. But I'll be the first to admit, I am not a good one in Southern Baptist terms and probably any demoninations. But I know what I believe and the basics are there. I first choose not to shove it down people's throats, I'm not going to change your beliefs by words -- it doesn't work. Second, I've just got issues with somethings and circumstances in our lives have made me at least wonder what's right and wrong and up and down. Ya know? But again the basics are there -- Jesus is God, God is love, he died for me and everyone else, and he's always there for me. Simplistic? yeah but it works for me.
So first random religion thing: seriously someone wrote to our letters to the editor and said that aborted babies are worshipping SATAN! OK so you are pro-life, great your belief is fine with me. But WOW! I thought there was an age of innocence before we learn about wrongs and what about the sins of the father (and mother) not bearing on the child. BLEW MY MIND!
Second: seriously, after years of struggle, I finally feel like we have gotten somethings finally together -- total blessing from God. We've managed to stay afloat and keep the $$ together and frankly just stay together. So the thought is how do you repay this. We don't go to church anymore for different reasons and all valid. Those who know us know the main reason -- the previous church debacle. And I would go to church but I refuse to force Hoss at this time. There really isn't a church I want to go to here and where I know we could serve -- are we ready to go back to serving. But I know when he's ready, he'll take control and go. And we both agree on not going separately, we are a family and we only stay strong together.
And that brings me to the news (no literally the paper), if we go back to church, how do you get involved when one feels lead to youth and you see abuse coming out in the news concerning ministers/helpers. Seriously, after a certain age, it is creepy for a person to hang out with kids when they have none. And since we don't plan to have kids... in a day in age where accusation will always run rampant when (1) they are true (2) someone sees $$ (3) some kid lies to save their skin -- and as long as there is selfiness it's going to happen.
No comments:
Post a Comment