Can you tell I have a love affair with music? Life is a musical might as well find the background music to it.
I hate hate hate crafts. Country chic -- worst design fad EVER! (But the Bath and Body scent is pretty good) There is nothing chic about country arts and crafts, homemade junk. Trust me, it looks cheap. Spray painting something another color -- not really crafts either.
Wood work and metal work, eh, I can handle that more. And a true artist work on canvas or slate or a real medium with a professional frame - neat.
But the junk I've seen lately that people think it "wonderful" -- gag me.
There are true artisans and craftsmen that I can appreciate most work. But the home person, don't bother.
That being said, my mother signed me up for a cake decorating class. **hangs head** I said yes because it could be a mother daughter thing for us and it involves baking and decorating which I can totally handle. Thank God it is only semi-crafty or I would die.
We had the first class Tuesday. It was ok. Saturday was practice day for us though. First time to make a buttercream icing -- yikes! Everything I have ever learned about baking I have apparently forgotten. Cream -- what does cream look like? First batch was not good, but mom looked over my shoulder for the most part on the second and it came out perfectly (I'm a fast learner) so my third it wonderfully. Then it was all about icing my cakes. Eh, I can do without the tip for icing. Just give me the spatula because that's what I'm used to, but I tried the tip. The second and third batches iced so we are good there. Now it all about the stars (first thing we "learned"), so I practiced a few and then told mom to practice! What! She was just watching me. nope scratch that, she was talking on the phone.
So now it's Sunday and back to mom's to really make something with a star tip.
Here are the results of Sunday's practice: which one is mine???
No comments:
Post a Comment