PitaPata Dog tickers
PitaPata Dog tickers
PitaPata Dog tickers

Friday, May 13, 2011

Resolution

This is something that Hoss doesn't even understand about me at least. I can't stand to not have something resolved quickly. I've always understood to not go to bed angry so I've tried not to. I may hold a grudge but it's usually all out in the open. And it has been KILLING me to not have some things resolved. Over the past two + months some things have been going on and Hoss has to keep telling me to be patient, blah blah blah blah blah. But what he doesn't realize is that I know from experience, the more time has gone by before something is resolved the less it's going to end well. Think about it, literally you have more time to think about what happen and in your head blow it out of proportion (or make sense of everything). You have more time to play out scenarios that could happen and what you should say and just more time to stew. None of which is good.
He may hate it, but I refuse to sleep if I'm upset about something with him. I may say the wrong thing and lose a few hours of sleep but at least it's out there and usually resolved. If it's hurt feelings that's the worse! Leaving it unresolved over night, oh man, the anger you can feel with that, it's unbelievable.
Honestly, I can't remember if it's truly Biblical or just something Baptist love to say but the whole "never go to bed angry" is soo true.
Life for me has to be black or white in major deals. I can't cope with much gray so I make for quick and easy resolutions. For me, it is what it is - you can either chose to forgive and move on or chose to end it. Time doesn't heal in the short run and in the long run can do more damage.
So I get to sit at home with the pups and wait for resolution. I'm made the first move months ago, now it's time for others to move and at least give it closure or forward movement.

No comments:

Post a Comment