Hoss has taken to calling him that. Huck's such as rascal at the house. Peeing EVERYWHERE!!! A habit I'm set on reforming. Our girls are used to being out in the house and we can't trust him. Yes it's only been a week but it's hard when we hadn't been through this is in 3 years.
But he is a sweetie and soooo soft. We took him on a trip this weekend to meet his Gran. He was WONDERFUL!!! The girls travel well but he by far is the best. The Beast likes to ride in the front passenger seat (with or without someone in it) and Bexar loves to have her head out the window; Huck just lays there, moves every 5 secs but doesn't really try to drive or ride in the front so we aren't constantly fighting him off like The Beast.
I had been holding off on this post because I was hoping Hoss would finally post a post on the day Huck came for a visit. Hoss got him a day I was working so he got to do the play thing with him.
The Beast and Bexar have slowly taken to him. And we are working on spending individual time with each of them, The Beast especially.
I don't know about Hoss, but I can't imagine not having him!
Having our family now complete has gotten me thinking more on friends. Hoss has them, I don't anymore. As much as I try, I'm just not good with people. We had two couples that we did stuff with but now I'm not much liked for something that's not easily controlled. In one way it's ok, I prefer to be by myself; in another it's not -- everyone gets lonely eventually and it wasn't cool to show that side of me and see the true reactions of people to who I am. Because of this I've learned to be even more accepting of differences in people. I don't have to like the differences or even the person but to them I'm at least accepting. I've been practicing that every day at work with a temporary co-worker. She's more than likely not going to last at all but instead of cutting her out of her job and making work life miserable for her, I'm still treating her like a person.
I've personally been having a problem with hypocrisy lately. I chuckle to myself over a thought, Hoss and I are soo much alike. We both have much of the same religious beliefs especially in the idea of not having to be overly Christian. Is it really better to sit back and Praise God and how wonderful a Christian you are but treat people like dirt or only nice to the ones you want to be or in front of your other "Christian" friends, than be who you are good and bad but actually care about people in private and public?
**Updated 2 hours later** Reason #1 why I shouldn't blog at work: I forget my train of thought and don't finish. So the thought on the friends, yes I want some but I want those that can be trusted to stick with you through it all even when they don't want to, hurts don't matter because let's face: eventually I'm going to do something stupid. I have never claimed to be nice, in fact just the opposite but until it's seen people don't believe me. {Point in fact: friends A & B laughed when I would say it and say it's not true. Now I can't speak to them because they finally saw a portion of it} But it's hard to find these days. Hoss and I are at an age where everyone who is married is having kids. The pups are as close to kids as we plan to get. Then it's excepted for women to go off and chat about girly stuff and men to go off and do whatever. I tend to do better with men and I like to stick close to Hoss (he's my blankie). I'm not very domesticated and now I just don't want to invest in people (I'm scared). I don't care to shop or do crafts or anything. I'm a loner by design, but it would be nice to have someone to talk to about Hoss or the pups or the crazy thoughts in my head. Additonal disclosure: Just because we were friends doesn't mean it can't happen again. Surprisingly I can move on, but honesty and communication is a must!
No comments:
Post a Comment