PitaPata Dog tickers
PitaPata Dog tickers
PitaPata Dog tickers

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Like it's her birthday!!

Whoo hoo! My birthday and vacation were WONDERFUL!! First time I can say that in a long time. Not that my birthday's aren't always great but this one was just special. Why??? I don't know. NOTHING happened. But this vacation was soo relaxing and so good for both Hoss and me.
And of course we didn't hear the title of the post until the day after but it's cool -- I celebrate all month long!
I'll do a photo post later because I'm at work. But it was neat, we went shopping (got me a Vera Bradley purse [to replace one I can't use anymore] for $8.40! got our Christmas gift [maybe we'll use them since they cost a small fortune] and clothes shopping for me [Hoss loves to shop for me :)]), we went exploring and doing touristy stuff like Six Flags, the Zoo, the Botanical Gardens and Ripley's Believe It or Not! (which was LONG!!).
Let's think... we watched some soccer and sports and even a MOVIE!! I know, right... NEVER happens because I don't like movies. I can find better ways to spend my money than go see a movie but Regal does a $5 Tuesday so we spent twice as much on concession (because Hoss has to have it even though we just ate) and saw The Rise of the Planet of the Apes. That was a cool movie.
What else... oh my actually birthday gift was the new Nintendo 3DS... yay... ok so I'm not super excited about it. I wanted a DS yes but not the 3DS but Hoss talked to the wrong person about it (who actually if they cared about me knew I wouldn't want one and who else would Hoss be buying for... not so bright) and Hoss did his own research and decided it would be best. And he bought it for me right before they lowered the price (literally Aug. 10 b-day; Aug. 12 lowered the price **grumble....**) But it's cool; I looked it up, I should be getting 20 games free. I just have to check to make sure I qualified or then there will be some words going on.
But the 3DS isn't so bad, it's compatible with the regular DS games so it's worth it. And I finally got the new Zelda game. Though I could do without the 3D part of Zelda and the DS. It's why I didn't want it. Seems useless to me and it is unfortunately.
But I love what Hoss gave me because Hoss gave it to me. And no I'm not complaining just expressing that it was not what I wanted. But I love how he paid for it!! My two month hiatus on bill paying taught him something and he paid for it in cash from his officiating money as opposed to charging it like we would normally do. Yep, he's AWESOME!

On other news, the downside to the vacation was officially hearing that we aren't moving. Yes that's what I couldn't talk about. Hoss applied for a sweet position in Laffy and didn't get it (though he was the best for it and I'm soo not biased :D). We saw that coming the week before, but it still sucked to hear it.
We're ready to move on from the chapter in our lives. We're ready to start over elsewhere and find the friendships needed and the lives wanted and get out of this rut we are in. But He said not right now. There may still be some changes coming around the corner but no move in sight. And it's ok in another way -- we aren't financially ready to make a move and we've got our plan to be ready. So we'll see and keep our fingers crossed on the next prospect.

No comments:

Post a Comment