PitaPata Dog tickers
PitaPata Dog tickers
PitaPata Dog tickers

Friday, August 5, 2011

Vacation all I ever wanted

So I was hoping to have some exciting news for today's post but alas we are still waiting and hoping and wishing and praying. There will be news but we don't know what and when.
The end of today starts our vacation. Can I just say FINALLY!!! Now I thrive on stress but lately (and maybe it's my age) I can't handle it. We have our own issues, then someone else's, his job, my job, my second job, someone else's, our own, etc... I am beyond ready for this vacation.
So where are we going??? Back to Hades - no really it may not be named that but it sure is going to feel like it and it doesn't have the best memories for my family. Yes that would be San Antonio and New Braunfels Texas. First, I seriously hate Texas in general. I'm resigned to that eventually I'll live there but I will not be happy (I want the state boot kicking the texas star but Hoss won't let me do that). I'm sure it's got some great points but so far my luck with that hole has not been the best. Memorable yes but no good ones.
Maybe luck will change this time. Hoss lived in NB for 6 month before coming back to a better state (which ain't saying much) but never got to really experience the touristy stuff there aside from the Natural Cavern Bridge or whatever it's called.
Last year, we tried that stupid concept of a staycation. That's for idiots who can't budget or who live in big cities and hate travel. Not for this family and never again as far as I'm concerned. While I got work done around the house (ok I decorated our bedroom, but that was a LOT of sanding **grumbling stupid people who put stupid sandblasting finishes on walls**), it generally SUCKED! We like to experience new towns and cities... ok we like to go to sporting events mostly and maybe a concert and just drive around but whatever. So this year we are going on our vacation. True we are cutting it short. Instead of our traditional 7-8 days gone, we'll be back early but there is a reason that can't be talked about just yet because it may or may not happen. Otherwise we would be staying and just relaxing.
Granny is getting the pups and they will have more human playtime then they will know what to do with.
Oh and have I mentioned that Wednesday is THE BEST DAY OF THE YEAR! Yep, my birthday and it will be just Hoss and me. No silly parties that no one likes besides me, no silly people. Just Hoss and me and soccer on TV... yep I get to watch soccer on my birthday because I just love soccer that much and wouldn't rather be shopping or watching a movie or driving around or finding ANYTHING else to do... Thank goodness it's a night game and now it makes sense why Hoss wouldn't cut our vacation on Wednesday like I wanted... hmmm... :D

No comments:

Post a Comment