PitaPata Dog tickers
PitaPata Dog tickers
PitaPata Dog tickers

Thursday, August 18, 2011

This is the story of a girl...

hmm.. that would be a cute title for a blog. Oh well. I love stories. I love reading them, making them up in my head. I just wished I could write. Sadly, it is not my talent though I try with keeping up the blogs. And guess what -- I'm surrounded by writers!! My Hoss is a writer for a paper therefore co-workers are writers (did I mention I work there part time?), all his college buddies are, I think even some of my friends were at least communication majors. Me -- not a lick of any talent. I can come up with great play on words and one liners and in my head the story is fantastic but the reality is sadly lacking.
And if you hadn't noticed, I have one BIG problem -- I ramble and ramble and ramble. Most of the time, I say the same thing over and over and the same story. Hoss tunes me out a lot!
But my favoritest past time is reading. I love books. Big ones, small ones, picture books, even coloring books. And most different types though non-fiction, self help crap is yucky and extreme sci-fi I can do without but I'll give those a chance.
I'm trying to encourage Hoss to actually write one because he's a good writer in the sense you feel like you are there. Little ol' ladies who hate sports would come up to him and talk about his sports writing like they were there because they felt the game through him. He started a book once and got pretty far on it but it went MIA during a move so it's no more. But the book I'm looking for from him is a book about Huck. Nope not our Huckabay but his namesake -- Coach Huck. But Hoss's is just not quite ready yet and that's ok. The story is there just waiting to be developed when the time is right.

No comments:

Post a Comment